Actually, we 1st went to Granpa’s Inn and Restaurant but they are fully booked. Thanks to the hotel staff who phoned other hotels if there are vacancies and thankfully RF ANICETO MANSION has a vacant room for 2.
There are many hotels or inns where you can stay in Vigan City and Aniceto Mansion is one.
Aniceto Mansion is a huge old mansion built during the Spanish era converted into a hotel to accommodate guests. It is strategically situated at the heart of Vigan City where Vigan Heritage Village area is located.
Once inside you can already feel the vibe of an old Spanish mansion where furniture are antique looking. It may look eerie at first but I was not afraid as it was welcoming. A friendly staff entertained us when we inquired and one led us to the second floor to see the room first.
[caption id="attachment_558" align="aligncenter" width="500"] Lobby of Aniceto Mansion Vigan City[/caption]
We got room no. 9 located at the 2nd floor and the room is equipped with air-conditioner, a television, telephone, CR/bathroom, basic toiletries and more. Our room costs P1,700/night good for 2 pax with breakfast.
Some photos inside the house and our room.
OUR ROOM - smells good inside and I love the lighting!
TAVERNA - located at the ground floor where we ate our breakfast Free breakfast is included in our accommodation and it is served at 7 am till 9 am. You have choice of longganisa, corned beef or fried bangus with rice, coffee, and fruits.
1. Nice location. It is located very near Plaza Burgos and Vigan Cathedral
2. Rate is reasonable
3. Few walks away from Vigan Heritage Village, Plaza Burgos, Plaza Salcedo, eateries and stores.
4. Old Spanish house ambiance inside
5. Nice room equipped with basic room amenities
6. Friendly and accommodating staff at the lobby area
1. The bathroom door in our room is very hard to open if you lock it.
2. My pillow smells like cigarette.. yay
3. The staff in the Taverna didn't even bother to open the electric fan when we're having our breakfast
4. Didn't see any hooks or hanger inside the bathroom where we can hang our towels and clothes.
NOTE:~~Overall, we have no major bad experience while we stay there so I can recommend this to anyone. Just make sure to see the room first so you can tell if you want to stay or not.
RF ANICETO MANSION
#1 Mena Crisologo Street Vigan City , Ilocos Sur
(just near Plaza Burgos and Vigan Cathedral)