Like what I have said on my Pagudpud post, we have no intentions on sleeping in Pagudpud because we need to go back to Laoag City because we are staying at Texicano Hotel in Laoag City.
But since I fell ill and so tired, I asked our tricycle driver to look for a homestay where we can spend the night there. He recommended ALLEN’S HOMESTAY. Actually, there are lots of Homestays along Brgy. Saud where you can rent.
Here's a list of Where to Stay in Pagudpud / Homestay / Hotels in Pagudpud that I made.
NOTE: You can easily pinpoint if the house is a homestay because homestays which are accredited by D.O.T. (Dept. of Tourism) has big signage with name and contact no. of the owner just like the image below.
The owner welcomed us warmly and showed us 2 rooms (fan and aircon room). I guess the aircon room is not ready that time so she said that fan room is only available for P250.00/per person/night so we took it. I'm not picky that time since we only need a place to stay for a night.This is the fan room with one big bed, fan and a table. There's an extra foam if you need. Good for 2 or 3 persons.
1. Rate is very affordable
2. The owners are friendly, warm and accommodating. My fear of sleeping in a different place and room with people I don't know disappeared when we got engaged in a conversation.
3. There's a separate clean bathroom and comfort room for the guests
4. You are free to watch TV and stay at their living room which I did before sleeping that night but Manang Rolly and I end up with a conversation.
5. Walking distance from Saud Beach, Polaris Beach house and Municipal beach.
6. The owner said you can use the whole house and their kitchen just in case you want to cook and if you are staying longer but with a fee (of course)
7. We felt safe while we are there.
8. Perfect for backpackers and those that want a budget place to stay.
1. Manang didn't gave us a key for our room so we didn't lock it when we went out for dinner. I didn't bother to ask since we don't leave any valuables.
2. The dog of their neighbor is barking that night so it kept me awake couple of times since I tend to light sleep when I'm not in my own room.
Overall, our stay for the night at Allen's Homestay was nice as we didn't have any major issues at all. I recommend this place if you need a place to stay in Saud esp. if you are not picky or too meticulous.
(Posing with the owner Manang Rolly before going home)
Brgy. Saud, Pagudpud, Ilocos Norte
Owner: Manang Rorily (Rolly) De Guzman
Rate: P250.00/night (fan room)
They have an aircon room but forgot the rate