When we flew via Cebu Pacific and arrived in Laoag airport, I still don't have any idea where to stay in Laoag City even though I have a list with me. Arghh... wrong decision.
Anyway, when we signed up for the FREE shuttle bus at the airport, the lady at the desk asked me where are we staying because they will drop us of there. I just tell them Texicano Hotel bec. it's on my list. I thought we could just go to other hotels just in case we didn't like it there.
Anyway, the shuttle bus driver dropped us at the corner of Texicano Hotel and it was just few walks away.
TEXICANO HOTEL and restaurant is a BUDGET HOTEL, perfect for budget travellers.
How to get there:
1. From Laoag Aiport - ride the FREE shuttle bus and they will drop you off at the corner of Texicano
2. If you miss the shuttle bus, you can ride a tricycle. Fare is around P100-150
Texicano Hotel Rates:
We got the Double room with aircon, hot/cold shower with no ref. for Php875.00 per night located at their annex building. The place is kinda old but good enough if you just want to have a place to sleep and leave your bags.
1. It's around 30 mins. away from Laoag Airport
2. Rates: Very affordable
3. Walking distance from Provincial Capitol, Sinking Bell Tower, etc.
4. Walking distance from fast food chains like MCDO, Jollibee, Chowking and groceries (Puregold, Savemore)
5. Few minutes away from banks, pharmacy, stores, public market,
5. Very near bus stations if you're going to Pagudpud, Vigan, Batac etc.
6. Few walks away from Saramsam restaurant
7. Tricycles are always available at the gate when you need one
8. Room: very spacious for 2 pax (we got the aircon, double w/o ref)
9. Water: there's hot and cold, strong water supply
10. Our room has TV, small kitchen, extra folding bed
11. Hotel location is safe.
1. Noisy - that night, there is a b-day party going at the compound. There's a band singing until 2AM!!! I was so tired from our whole day trip to Batac, Paoay Church/Lake and Fort Ilocandia and when we came back there at 8:00 pm, we're greeted by LOUD annoying NOISE of the band singing. Arghhh!!! I wasn't able to sleep until 2 am. I guess if there's no event that time, I might be able to sleep.
2. Smelly Room - the room that we got smells like "KULOB", I guess the room was vacant for many months that's why it's like that lol. My niece can tolerate the smell but not me. Hate it!
3. Mosquitoes - I got 1 or 2 mosquito bites lol
4. Cobwebs and Dusts - on some areas
NOTE: The hotel's location is perfect, the room is good (except for the kulob smell), budget friendly..
J. P. Rizal Street, Laoag Ilocos Norte
Fax: (077) 772-0606
Phones: (077) 772 -0290, 770-5778
Check our detailed 4D/3N Laoag-Pagudpud-Vigan Tour:
Our DIY 4D/3N Itinerary of Laoag-Pagudpud-Vigan Tour
Our DIY 4D/3N Laoag-Pagudpud-Vigan Expenses / Costs
Review of Texicano Hotel, Laoag City
DAY1 – Part1: Laoag-Pagudpud-Vigan Tour – Airport to Laoag City
DAY1 – Part2: Laoag-Pagudpud-Vigan Tour – Laoag City to Batac
DAY1 – Part3: Laoag-Pagudpud-Vigan Tour – Paoay Church and Paoay Lake
DAY1 – Part4: Laoag-Pagudpud-Vigan Tour – Paoay Sand Dunes
DAY1 – Part5: Laoag-Pagudpud-Vigan Tour – Fort Ilocandia Resort
DAY2 – Part1: Laoag-Pagudpud-Vigan Tour – Laoag City
DAY2 – Part2: Laoag-Pagudpud-Vigan Tour – Cape Bojeador Lighthouse
DAY2 – Part3: Laoag-Pagudpud-Vigan Tour – Kapurpurawan Rock Formation
DAY2 – Part4: Laoag-Pagudpud-Vigan Tour - Bangui Windmills
DAY2 - Part5: Laoag-Pagudpud-Vigan Tour – Pagudpud
DAY 3 - Laoag-Pagudpud-Vigan Tour –Vigan City
DAY4 - Laoag-Pagudpud-Vigan Tour – Vigan City to Manila